Wednesday, April 23, 2014

This time I actually made it to Indianapolis and WIAW


I needed to be in Indiana again this week. Unlike last time when the freak snow storm canceled my flight, I actually made it this time.  It was a balmy 70 degrees when we landed and the trees were in bloom. 


Breakfast at this hotel was pretty bad. The omelet was greasy, they only had not ripe cantaloupe, and the biscuits were hard. I was really dumbfounded as to how the biscuits had rocks in them. This little meal was promptly followed with a trip to Starbucks. Lattes make everything better.


We had a quick break for lunch.  Instead of trying to find somewhere local we just hopped into Moe's. It was right next door and had plenty of parking.  Rental cars always throw me off since they are different sizes than what I am used to. When you add parallel parking in to the mix it is quite the scene. I try to avoid it at all costs, even if that means a less than stellar meal.


Dinner was at Harry and Izzy's in the airport. This restaurant is in downtown Indy and quite fancy. The one at the airport is much more causal.  I got the trio special which was shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad and two sliders. Everything was pretty good. The cocktail sauce was so spicy. I love horseradish but this was a bit much. I was totally in tears after the first bite.


I am back in Connecticut now for a bit and ready to make some good homemade dinners.

Happy Wednesday! 

2 comments:

  1. Greasy omelets and rock hard biscuits. You should have told the hotel staff to try their breakfast. Maybe if they had to eat it... they would do better. I can totally understand your trip to Starbucks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really tough to eat healthy (and well!) when traveling... Looks like you did the best you could. And yes, Starbucks makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...