Monday, April 14, 2014

Momofuku Cornflake Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies



These cookies are like woah!! Seriously. Think cornflakes, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and oatmeal.  All mixed together with a hint of cinnamon.




It is kind of hard to explain exactly what these cookies taste like besides the fact that they are really good.  The cornflakes are there but you couldn't probably eat one and say oh that is cornflakes. The little flakes blend right into the cookie giving them a bit of texture but not clear flavor.




When I first made these cookies I only made five.  The dough has to chill and I was thinking I would just freeze the rest for another day. As soon as the first five were out of the oven I knew I had made a mistake.  Why do cookies have to be so good?




Momofuku Cornflake Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies

by Emily Morris, Slightly adapted from Momofuko Milk Bar
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert chocolate marshmallow cookie
Ingredients (24 cookies)
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup oatmeal
  • 1 1/4 cup lightly crushed cornflakes
  • 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
Instructions
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream butter and both sugars on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.

Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well.

Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Incorporate oatmeal, cornflakes, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 375.

Drop rounded tablespoons of chilled cookie dough and slightly flatten on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on the pan before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Powered by Recipage

8 comments:

  1. Yum! Speaking of cereal in cookies, I've been wanting to add granola to some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cookies like this the more stuff in them the better, it's like a meal in one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous that yours are so pretty when mine looked like puddles lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I think I'm going to have to give these a whirl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love momofuku...their desserts are out of this world! Thank you for sharing such a delicious recipe, my friend. I hope you are enjoying April...and that your days are looking more and more like spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok this is like the best breakfast!! I can have it for breakfast right?? Cornflakes adn marshmallows and chocolate? Oh yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would want to shove the entire cookie in my mouth... hide the evidence quick! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...