Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Parmesan Stuffed Chicken Breasts


Yesterday should have been April Fool's.  I woke up super early for a day trip to Indianapolis. I made it to the airport and boarded the plane before a sudden snow storm covered the state of Connecticut. Literally an hour before they were saying only rain.  Our flight was delayed so long that I couldn't make my meeting. The drive home was just as miserable doubling the time is normally takes because the roads were so bad.



This recipe has nothing to do with that story besides the fact that it has lemon.

Lemon = Yellow = Sun = Summer

Do you like my math?



I had lemon and chicken and no recipe for dinner. After a bit of searching I found this recipe in Everyday Food. The original recipe had chicken with skin but I altered it a bit for skinless chicken breasts.  Basic pantry ingredients and it came together in 10 minutes flat.



This dinner was so quick and easy.  Strong flavors came from the lemon and parsley adding lots of taste.  I felt like we were having a much more fancy dinner out than something I threw together at the last minute.  

Parmesan-stuffed chicken breasts

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: bake entree chicken lemon
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
  • ¼ cup plain dried breadcrumbs
  • ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
  • grated zest of 1 lemon - about 1 tablespoon
  • coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 4 chicken breast
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 450ºF.

In a small bowl, mix the parsley, breadcrumbs, parmesan, and zest. Season the mixture with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.

Divide the parsley mixture into 4 mounds. Carefully cut the chicken breast in the thickest side in half but stop before cutting through to the other side. Spoon the parsley mixture between the two chicken halves.

Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add lemon slices on top of chicken breasts. 
Place in a greased 9x13in roasting pan.

Bake until the chicken is cooked through and an instant-red thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat register 165ºF, about 30-45 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

4 comments:

  1. I love a new and easy dinner options...and this one looks terrific!
    PS. you missed a gorgeous day in Indy! Sunny and mid-60's. But now comes the rain :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful chicken breasts! These are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you poor thing!!!! At least you made this chicken because it looks so tasty and like the perfect easy dinner option!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sick of snow.... I glad April is here and if I see a snowflake, I'll scream! the dinner look comforting at least. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...