Thursday, April 10, 2014

Date Night!!!

A week ago I felt like such a rebel.  A friend at work mentioned that they had tickets to a show at the Yale Repertoire theater that night but couldn't make it. Would I like the tickets?  I, of course, would love the tickets. Mr. J though would need some convincing.  

I think he took pity on me since work has been pretty brutal lately. So when I said that I really wanted to go, he caved.


Part of the deal included dinner out in New Haven.  New Haven is just far enough away that we don't go too often. We almost never go on a week night.  The play started at 8pm.  This is also a big deal since our bedtime is normally at 9.

We felt pretty cool in the big city at happy hour. Mr. J insisted on getting an appetizer.  His pick was bacon popcorn. We were betting on whetherr or not there would be actual bacon pieces in the popcorn. I said yes and won!


Mr. J got a big steak.  Go figure! I had a chopped salad and short rib meatballs.  We both had specialty beers. The restaurant was Cask Republic which is known for their super big beer selection on tap.  My beer filled me right up before any eating commenced. I could barely finish half of the meatballs.


After dinner we walked the few blocks back to where the theater was located. We got super lucky earlier and scored a parking spot literally across the street. Every time we are in New Haven I think of Bryn Mawr College. The building architecture is so similar. Like a castle right?


The play was "These Paper Bullets" it was near the end of its run but the show was still very busy. It was a take on Much Ado About Nothing, one of my favorite Shakespeare plays. It was a modern take set in London during the 60's and the characters were a boy band group similar to the Beatles.


We ended up getting home well after 11pm.  Friday was a bit rough in the morning but I was so happy we stepped it up and went out.  Makes me think we still have a bit of spunk in us.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah I love date night! And this looks like a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know when the last time I had a date night so fun... love those meatballs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...