Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Asian Beef Noodles


I must say I am really enjoying the extra light at night. After work I kept checking the clock to see what time it was.  The dark mornings are not so enjoyable.  I had hopes of starting early morning workouts soon.  I think that just got put off for a few more weeks.


I am not sure how to describe this dish. It is a throw it all in dinner. The ground beef makes it a bit more white trash than I would like.  Next time I will use real steak pieces. 


You could call it Asian influenced.  After all there is some edamame in there.


It was quick and required only two pots.  There were veggies.  All things I think about when judging a meal. This one hit the mark.


Beef and Noodles

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: saute entree
Ingredients (serves 2)
  • 1/2 lb ground beef
  • 2 oz Edamame
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 6 oz egg noodles
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 beef stock cube
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
Instructions
Put beef stock cube in a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil until the cube is dissolved.
Chop the onion and green pepper. Mince the garlic. Peel and slice the carrot.

Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a saute pan, when hot bring the beef over medium high heat. Break up the beef as it cooks for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a place and wipe the pan down.

Add remaining 1 Tbsp of oil to the pan and saute onions, peppers, and garlic. Stir often and cook for about 5 minutes until everything is soften. Add in paprika.

Add onion mixture, ground beef carrots and uncooked noodles to the beef stock. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes until the noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
Powered by Recipage

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks so yummy, Emily! I love a quick dinner that doesn't require a boat load of pots and pans. I think using steak is an excellent suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about throw-it-all-in dinners, and I'm with you...I love the extra hour of light in the evenings and miss it in the morning! Thank you fro sharing, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noodles are a favorite around here!! This looks like a fun and enjoyable meal for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...