Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon


Last I told you about the awesome crock pot meal I stressed about putting together before work. In the end, Mr. J took over prepped all of the ingredients.


The extra 20 minutes of effort in in the morning was well worth the meal we came home to that evening.  We had a decadent Beef Bourguignon smelling up the whole apartment.  

Slicing some bread and spooning the stew into bowls were the only steps needed before dinner. Oh yes, and a little wine pouring.



Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
Keywords: slow-cooker entree soup/stew bacon French winter
Ingredients (serves 6)
  • 4 strips of bacon, diced
  • 2 LBs beef chuck, large cubed
  • 1 large onion, large diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
  • 1 LB mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 LB carrots, sliced
  • 1 1/2 cup red wine
  • 1 1/2 cup beef stock
  • salt and pepper
Instructions
Saute the bacon over medium heat until crisp.

Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to soak up oil. In the same pan brown the beef chuck pieces in the bacon grease.

Place beef, bacon, and all other ingredients in the slow cooker. Turn on low and cook for 6-8 hours.

Serve in bowl, spooning first the meat and vegetables and then the liquid.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Powered by Recipage

8 comments:

  1. Crockpots are smart cooking. I have a slower cooker dish today too. :) I love throwing in a little effort in the beginning and not thinking about it until dinner. Lovely pot of bourguignon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh nothing better than coming home and dinner is just there...waiting for you...smelling amazinggg like I know this does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I've been wanting to make for years but never got around to it. I should get to it right away before spring comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crock pot meals, and this is going to be happening very soon in our kitchen. Thank you for sharing. As always, a bright and delicious spot in my day. I hope you have a wonderful and warm Spring week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man, this sounds incredible. It is going to be unseasonably cold for the rest of the month and I need some hot comforting dishes like this for our upcoming dinners :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing, and I love that it's made in the slow cooker!
    -Rachel @ Bakerita.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wanted to try this for so long! Never thought to make it in a slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...