Friday, March 15, 2013

French Toast with Bananas Foster Sauce


Bananas. Butter. Sugar. What a great way to start the day. What a great way to end the week.


We had some challah bread that was drying out. I recovering French toast addict. In college French toast was my favorite breakfast. At home we would get homemade cinnamon swirl bread and make mountains of French toast. The last few years though I switched focus to pancakes.



This breakfast might have just put me into a relapse.






Sweet and filling I was full all morning.




Bananas Fosters Sauce with French Toast

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: saute breakfast banana
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 6 Tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 bananas, sliced
Instructions
Melt butter in a saute pan on medium high heat. When butter has melted, whisk in sugar; it will bubble vigorously; just continue whisking til smooth.

Add in the banana slices and turn down heat to low. Gently stir and toss bananas in sauce until browned and softened. Sprinkle in cinnamon and mix until just combined.

Pour over French toast.
Powered by Recipage


On another note, the Easter Bunny came early this year and left a package from Harry and David...


and Love with Food.  So much fun!  Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. There are no words...

    whoa.

    That french toast is amazing. Crazy good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it may be close to lunch time, but I want some french toast so bad! Tempting Emily!
    So happy your gift arrived, wish I had some left from mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to eat this french toast :D

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm...what an amazing French toast topper! I will definitely try this for company :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmahgah!! That's the best french toast, everrrr! I love bananas foster, and putting it over french toast is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... this is such a funny coincidence. I was making french toast today for my hubby's bday and we (kids and I) were going to make a banana topping for it. :) I decided to do something a little different... but I now see I should have done this because it looks amazing. What a fantastic breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at bananas foster! And then you really won me over with the mention of french toast and butter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bananas foster (just did a bundt cake with it). Back in my clubbing days, we'd always stop for breakfast (at 3:00 in the morning!) at a place that served bananas foster pancakes. Yum! Jealous of that H&D gift. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...