Wednesday, March 6, 2013

let's eat green and WIAW

I don't have much to give you today. I am beat. Is it really only Wednesday?

I am off to upstate New York.  Hamilton to be exact.  I haven't left yet and I already want to be home again.  

Food has been boring lately. BORING! As in I got back from vacation and needed a little detox boring. 

Breakfast has been my key for sneaking in some extra vegetables. Lots of spinach in the Green Monster smoothie.  



Morning snack. Apple and coffee.  



Lunch was a mix of leftover wild rice and black beans. I warmed them up with melty cheese and then threw them on more spinach.  Topped with salsa.



Afternoon snack. These bars are so good they are like dessert.



Dinner was leftover quiche. See I told you we had it for many meals.  More spinach. Broccoli.


 
I hope I don't turn green.  


What did you eat today?
 

6 comments:

  1. I always return to boring meals after traveling or eating out often. And your day looks mighty delicious in my eyes! Thank you for sharing, sweet friend. I hope today and this week brings many blessings and more good food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I think anyone reading my menu would fall to sleep with boredom. I am actually going out for the next 3 nights, so I might have something slightly more interesting to report. I must admit, we always have something tasty around for dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love reading and seeing your desserts!

      Delete
  3. That quiche looks absolutely awesome, and I sure do love myself some greeny-yellowy apples :) Yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food looks tasty no matter what. I sometimes eat some weird food... I wonder what people would think of my days food.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMM Emily, all your green food looks great. I love spinach, so any time I can I sneak it into my food.

    Your salad bowl looked yummy too, you even had "green" salsa, hehe.

    I'm going to check out your quiche recipe now.

    So glad I stopped by! Have a great day girl :)
    P.s. After coming back from an extended blogging break, I've started a 40 day challenge to get HEALTHY by my birthday. If you get a chance to check it out, I could sure use the support!
    Hugs, Bella :)
    Bella's 40 Day Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...