Friday, March 8, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

This week has been long.




And we got snow. Yuck! I am firm believer that in March snow should seize to exist. Now I just need to move to a place where this is true.




But it is Friday. Yes!



And I needed some muffins.  Apple and cinnamon with whole wheat flour.
TGIF! 
 
Apple Cinnamon Muffins

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast apple
Ingredients (12 muffins)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
  • 1 apple, diced
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with liners.

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the egg and keep beating until well combined.

In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add dry ingredients, along with applesauce, to the wet ingredients and beat until combined. Fold in apple pieces.

Evenly divide out batter into the 12 muffin tins. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Powered by Recipage

8 comments:

  1. Aghhhh I hate snow in March, blechity blech blech, it's all snowy here too. I need some of these muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, these sound delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love apple cinnamon muffins and these look wholesome and so delish! Hope it starts to warm up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely muffins... perfect to start any day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look wonderful! I love apple and cinnamon anything. And of course, I love muffins too! Perfect breakfast in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore apples in baked goods, and this double dose makes these double delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm...sounds yummy! And I know what you mean about March. First snow, then more snow, then heavy rain followed by snow. I WANT SPRING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...