Thursday, March 7, 2013

What I am reading right now...


I have been devouring books lately. I really enjoy reading. I don't like to analyze or read between the lines. I just like the story. I enjoy it and then am done. I was an economics major and not English after all.

If I could go back in time, I would pick the 1920's. The "roaring 20's" seem magical to me. I read this book because I could download it for free on my Nook.  I have been reading so much that my fun money has gone mostly towards books. Even with the library my book spending was getting a bit out of control.  Free seemed like a good idea.

Bright Young Things is book is about two girls, Letty and Cordelia, escaping their sheltered lives in Ohio for New York City.  They are best friends and dream of bigger, better lives.  Soon after their arrival they have a scuffle that separates their lives.  Apparently Cordelia was not 100% honest with Letty as to why she came to the city.   The book progresses with their struggles and successes in finding new lives in the big city.  New friends, family and loves emerge.

3 comments:

  1. I have been reading so much lately too. I just finished A Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas and I'm beginning Girl Meets God by Lauren Winner. Both are memoirs and quite good! Thank you for sharing your latest read!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...