Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekend Edition: Louisville Kentucky

I am in Louisville, Kentucky for the first time in my life.  At least I don't remember visiting here before.  

I think of accents, fried chicken, mint juleps and fancy hats.  Oh yea, did I mention horses? 

I am staying downtown for a work conference but things are quite happening around here. This weekend starts the kick off of the two week festival, Rolling Thunder, leading up to the Kentucky Derby.  Hopefully I will be able to make it out to Churchill Downs.  


I wish I could come back and actually see the race. I always get mesmerized by the race.  Horses are some incredible creatures. But Kentucky for some people is known for other things...

I saw the real life suit wore by Mr. KFC and he was one little man. I don't think he ate too much of his own food.



And clearly I don't drink all that much because I forgot all about the bourbon.

This is what I was up to this week:

Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Sour Cream Glaze - massive fail in terms of appearance but it sure did taste wonderful


Balsamic Chicken



Spring Pasta Salad and WIAW


Shrimp and Asparagus




Friday's Favorites Fun Things





5 comments:

  1. I have not been horse racing in a long time. Magnificent creatures. I am liking your link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy your time in Louisville! I'm still eying that balsamic chicken...mmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha wonderful observations in Kentucky :)
    And of course a stunning week of absolute deliciousness :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to KY but I love the idea of the derby, fancy hats and fried chicken! Thanks for sharing. Nice to have found your blog. :)

    Flanboyant Eats™
    http://www.flanboyanteats.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely a big weekend here! Glad you could enjoy some of Kentucky while you were here =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...