Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lamb Burgers


This weekend a massive rain storm ran up and down the east coast.  There was even snow in some places.  Yikes! 

This is quite the change from the 70 degree temperatures last week.  Mr. J and I decided it was time to bring out the grill and fire up some burgers.  These weren't just any burgers though. We had made the trip to Whole Foods and got some pre-made lamb burgers.  


I justify the pre-made by saying that they were on sale. I definitely would not be purchasing these again unless they were on sale.  Not that they weren't delicious but I checked out the ingredients and they were simply ground lamb, feta, and Kalamata olives.  I can certainly do that on my own.


Mr. J grilled up the burgers and some onions.  I see now that he was not being 100% honest with me last fall when he swore he gave the grill a good scrub down before storing it for the winter. Tsk, tsk!

He also jazzed up the burgers with a homemade spread of sauteed garlic and melted feta topped with tomatoes.  It was a great addition and makes up a bit for the lacking of grill cleaning.


Lessons learned:
  1. Burgers made from ground lamb are delicious
  2. Toppings add value
  3. Do not waste money on pre-made versions
  4. Don't believe husband when he says he cleaned something

15 comments:

  1. Good on you, getting into the spring spirit up in the northern hemisphere and grilling away :D
    Love your 4th lesson - I learnt that about both my brother and dad :P

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great burger! We are supposed to get to 90 today here in Colorado. Definitely grilling weather as opposed to turning on the stove today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great burger! We are supposed to get to 90 today here in Colorado. Definitely grilling weather as opposed to turning on the stove today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, lamb burgers sound like the perfect thing right now :) Love those grilled onion chuncks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha-I grilled out the other day and had to change bottles of propane-the first ran out! It was irritating, but the burgers finally got cooked. Your lamb does sound like a better idea though. I will keep the info in mind on pre-seasoned patties when it comes to the meat case.I do like to know what seasonings and adds in they did to increase the price as well as make it more flavorful.
    Your burgers do look tasty! Also, your husband has a lot more scrubbing to do now than had he done it before storing it in the fall. Lesson learned the hard way I guess! Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will come up with some yummy seasonings for your grilling adventures. I am not sure my husband actually learned that lesson.

      Delete
  6. I would say that I agree with all 4 of your conclusions and I can't wait untill the end of next month when we start heading out to our summer house and fire up the grill...which I'm sure wasn't cleaned despite whatever I was told! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never had lamb before going vegetarian, but I'll take your word on them being delicious. "Don't believe your husband when he says he cleaned something" ...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love grilling weather! The burgers look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart grilled food! No lamb for me...but I'd love to make these borders for my meat eating friends! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those burgers look killer! I've never had lamb before.... not even one bite... I'm kind of a big baby when its comes to meat, I"m a boring chicken girl, I gotta get out there more :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your foodbuzz top 9, today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on Top9! I love grilled lamb meat - these burgers sound like a perfect dish for Summer. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...