Thursday, April 19, 2012

Shrimp and Asparagus


This post is quite late today. My computer is still acting funny. Or maybe it is just my Internet.  Regardless the whole blogging aspect of my life is a little challenging right now.


I don't really have a recipe for today. It was a super easy dish that was light and very spring-like.  My photos are all foggy because I wanted to it as soon as it was ready.  I really have no patience whatsoever, especially when it comes to food.


I love using fresh shrimp but whenever the frozen version is on sale I will buy some bags for good keeping.  I defrosted a bag of shrimp and roasted some asparagus.  


I sauteed the shrimp with some garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. Once the shrimp was cooked through and hot I added in the asparagus. I was thinking this would be another pasta dish but then we opted for just a few slices of good bread.  It was so good.  Yum, yum,and yum!



10 comments:

  1. This is so simple but ridiculously effective - once more I regret my vegetarianism ;)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love shrimp and asparagus. I love that it's just a light meal - served with simple bread! If you ever get in the mood for something that is on the heartier side, you might like my asparagus and shrimp risotto :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love this sort of dish....it is the pits being allergic to shrimp living as close to the Mayport waters as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asparagus and shrimp is a winner of a combination and I love that this is so easy and simple to put together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the internet issues. However, this is a great meal you created with the asparagus and the shrimp. Easy and delicious. Sometimes these quick meals can hit the spot-well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great and healthy low carb meal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love simple meals like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My internet and computer are always acting up! So frustrating! This looks excellent though! I do almost the exact same dish with broccoli and cauliflower, and I also add some white wine. SO simple and a great low-carb dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and delicious, Emily! I'd LOVE this for dinner! Enjoy your weekend, my friend~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a quick and easy dish. I also keep frozen shrimp on hand and throw it into a quick dish. The asparagus looks great! Hope your computer gets back to normal... I know that is not fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...