Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Balsamic Chicken


This meal is incredibly simple.  Thank goodness too as my computer does not seem to be functioning very well and I am hoping to all the powers that be this post will post.  I might not be hoping as much that my email will continue to work as the night progresses. 


I picked up these beauties at Trader Joe's the other week. 

Little Cherry Heirloom tomatoes.

Are you smiling yet?  Who knew these were at Trader Joe's?  They weren't even that expensive.  I love it when my food is pretty.  These babies are definitely pretty.  Maybe a little too pretty as Mr. J dug right into my bowl of pretty tomatoes.


Add in a wok, some chopped chicken and balsamic vinegar and you have one fine dinner that takes a matter of minutes to whip up.


The pan got very hot and in turn made for some foggy photos.

I added kale which took the majority of the prep time, but the chicken portion of this meal was literally done in about 10 minutes tops.


Have I mentioned lately that I am enjoying the later day sun light so much these days.  I think the sun didn't set till almost 8pm tonight.  Love it!


More sun for me means not rushing to get dinner on the table for the pure purpose of photographs on the blog.  It also means that I am not getting ready for bed right after dinner. I can actually get things accomplished in the evenings without dragging.


I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we did.

Balsamic Chicken with Kale

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes



Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
  • 16 ounces kale
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 cup cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved
  • 2 cups whole wheat couscous, cooked
Instructions
Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chopped chicken and cook about 4 minutes tossing, or until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove the chicken and set aside.

To the same pan, add the kale and garlic and cook just until wilted, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.

Lower the heat to medium and add the balsamic vinegar and chicken broth to the pan and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Add cooked chicken back to pan and stir.

Plate kale and top with chicken and balsamic-tomato sauce.

Powered by Recipage

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and healthy dinner! I have never really cooked with balsamic vinegar... I must give it a try. :) I get "foggy" pictures too sometimes or my camera lens gets condensation. It's the hazards of cooking and photographing at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky you have a Trader Joes by you. In Miami we only have Fresh Market and Whole Foods lol. I love that you used whole wheat couscous and kale in this dish. Makes it very healthy and delicious to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you hate it when the computer acts up!? It wasn't until I started blogging that it really bothered me, but now it's like a small crisis when it's not working right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some balsamic vinegar just waiting to be used, so I am glad I came across this recipe. The whole dish does look well rounded with the kale and the couscous, you did a great job here! I love the longer days too a great advantage for photographing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummmm! I do something similar only I sautee in some zucchini and mushrooms, one of my weeknight staples! Your looks absolutely delicious! And those little tomatoes from Trader Joes are too pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to make balsamic chicken for years...thanks for the push I needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! This looks delish, I'll have to try it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing!! Kale is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the kinda meal that inspires me to eat healthy again! This looks fabulous and healthy- win win! And I love those heirloom tomatoes at TJ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm, that sounds fantastic! :) Love the kale, and I just had my very first trader Joe's trip last weekend! What a cool place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Trader Joe's the best? There are some products there I just love and don't know what I would do if it went away.

      Delete
  11. Simple but beautiful! These are the meals I love. The ones I can turn to after a long day at work. Healthy and flavorful. Thank you for sharing, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another stunning chicken recipe my friend - it looks so fragrant and flavoursome :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  13. this recipe looks delicious! I love balsamic and it is great on chicken. I really need to try kale, it looks so good in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it for sure. Kale tastes yummy and is super good for you.

      Delete
  14. I use balsamic in my chicken marinades all the time. It adds the best flavor! This looks great and I love the tomatoes and kale too! So healthy and flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love pretty food too! And balsamic :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds lovely. I actually thought those tomatoes were a bowl of candy! Haha, I am sure they tasted even better than candy though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delish! The tomatoes are perfect....I wish we had a Trader Joes in my town! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...