Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday's Five: Thoughts for the Week

I have a pet peeve for people who don't use their turn signals. Lately I feel like every time I wait to pull out because a car is coming they end up turning.  No signal.  I could have gone.  Even worst is when the person in front of you just begins to slow down and brakes.  They end up turning off the road eventually.  No signal.  Arg!  I use my turn signal all of the time. Even when it is not necessary.  It is there for a reason so use it.


I am loving these platters from Teroforma.  I posted some towels from this online site a few weeks ago and they keep having more and more things I adore.


This was a great book and now all I want to do is go check out Prune in NYC.

Before Gabrielle Hamilton opened her acclaimed New York restaurant Prune, she spent twenty hard-living years trying to find purpose and meaning in her life. Blood, Bones & Butter follows an unconventional journey through the many kitchens Hamilton has inhabited through the years: the rural kitchen of her childhood, where her adored mother stood over the six-burner with an oily wooden spoon in hand; the kitchens of France, Greece, and Turkey, where she was often fed by complete strangers and learned the essence of hospitality; Hamilton’s own kitchen at Prune, with its many unexpected challenges; and the kitchen of her Italian mother-in-law, who serves as the link between Hamilton’s idyllic past and her own future family—the result of a prickly marriage that nonetheless yields lasting dividends. By turns epic and intimate, Gabrielle Hamilton’s story is told with uncommon honesty, grit, humor, and passion.


Have you heard of Madewell? It is my new favorite clothing store.  They have cute clothes made well. Get it?


Finally I have been eying this bag for a while. Although it looks a bit more jazzy, it is really just canvas and the interior is yellow. This is for sure a favorite.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...