Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Big Apple Photos

What a beautiful weekend in the city  I spent Mother's Day in New York City with my mother-in-law. It was their first time in the city and it was fun exploring some of my favorites with newbie eyes.


We had gorgeous springtime weather and tried to be outside as much as possible. 


Do you see that blue sky?  Loved it.  We hit of the Brooklyn Bridge.  Even though it was a bit crowed (when is it not) and there was construction I always get enamored with the construction of this massive bridge built way back when.


We took a little water cruise around lower Manhattan and checked out the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.  It is hard to imagine what it must have been like for all of the immigrants who passed through these waters to their new home.  It is crazy, sad and exciting to think about all at once.


Flowers were in full bloom and smells so fresh. 


And the buildings continued to soar into the sky. I think I looked up so much my neck began to hurt. I know my feet were hurting by the end of the day.  We walked so much.


I tried not to be the crazy daughter-in-law taking pictures of everything we ate.  I happily just ate.  I was OK with that role this weekend.  I hope you are too.

8 comments:

  1. I do like to spend the day in the city just walking around and taking pictures. I rarely get out to the city to do that anymore and I miss it.
    Your pictures are great, it looks like it was a perfect day in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to visit NY again so bad!! I loved looking at all your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your trip my friend - makes me want to visit NYC even more :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a gorgeous day---I love how all the flowers are blooming in the city:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos! Hubs and I are planning a trip there this summer if I can get this dissertation done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. I've lived in New York all my life and I still walk around snapping pictures of all the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like such a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was totally in NYC at the same time as you. BAHHH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...