Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tex-Mex Burger and Roasted Poblano Relish


I don't know what can be more classic than a grilled burger.  However, they are a food I tend to pass up though unless they are jazzed up with something special.  

I won't just eat a plain old burger.  With the smell of grilling all around me this weekend, I was craving some classics. It seemed only right to have some on Memorial Day weekend. We had burgers and brats.   


For the burger we roasted a Poblano pepper on the grill and added slices to the layering along with a tomato and pepper jack cheese. I coated the top of my with tomatillo salsa.  

Jazzed up enough?  Yes.

Salsa love.  I should really make my own but we seriously down one jar every time we open one. 

I would be making salsa every week.

Multiple batches.


Maybe we should just move to the southwest.  I think New Mexico would be nice.  

I don't know Spanish. Would that be a problem?

What is your favorite kind of salsa?
I think tomatillo salsa is my favorite although I like to mix it up.  Give me a trio of salsas and I will be dipping my chips in every single one.

7 comments:

  1. Roasted Poblano Relish? Sign me up! These burgers look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a tex-mex burger but it sounds awesome! I'm pretty sure this is something my burger-loving mother would be all over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These burgers sound awesome - what a fabulous relish :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I love a good burger, especially with mex flavors! As for salsa, I'm not sure I can pick a fave, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love poblano peppers. I wish I had remembered to plant some this year :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good burger and this one sounds simply amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...