Saturday, May 5, 2012

Huevos Rancheros

Yesterday I told you how it was Derby day today. But guess what? There is another celebration going on as well, Cinco de Mayo. Now this is my kind of day. For the past month I haven't been able to get enough of the spicy Mexican stuff. 


I have been eating salsa at the very least most days.  We had tacos, enchiladas, and nachos.  All of these meals led to us to have plenty of leftovers. This had me thinking that I wanted to create something different with all of those extras. 


There are all sorts of ways to make Spanish black beans but some of the recipes take a bit of time to cook.  If you are in a pinch try what we did.  Take one can of black beans drained and rinsed, then add one mini can of chopped green chilies.  Easy peasy. Delicious.


We had some leftover enchilada chicken, tortillas,eggs and potatoes.  Layer them all together and you have yourself some huevos rancheros.  The perfect way to start off Cinco de Mayo.

4 comments:

  1. I love me some spicy food, too! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simple way you made the Spanish black beans! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, now that looks mouth-watering! Happy Cinco de Mayo indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this looks really, really good! I don't often have huevos rancheros - I don't know why...I just love them! This look incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...