Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend Edition: Put Your Rump On A Stump

This weekend the weather was gorgeous and Mr. J and I were determined to enjoy it as much as possible. We had the typical Saturday errands to run. There was some fun time at the driving range. And then we put together this....


Actually there is two of them and they are at our office. Our work is pretty good about creative ways to better the community and employees. This year I proposed we have a little garden on site.  We now have two 4x4 raised beds. Nothing to special but enough to have plenty of tomatoes, basil, peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, carrots and beans.  Hopefully we didn't go overboard and no animals destroy the goodies before we can.

Later Saturday night we went to "The Place". Yep, that is what it is called.


It has been around for about 40 years in Guilford, Connecticut. Martha Stewart has even dined here. The deal is outdoor dining.  Although the photo above shows a chair most people sit on tree stumps.  It is BYOB and you can bring any side dishes as well.  Pretty much anything goes here as you will see people dressed up fancy with wine, cheese platters and real silverware to groups of kids with plastic cups and watermelon wedges.  Last night one table had a beer guzzling contest.  Real classy.

The menu is this gigantic board that lists, a selection of seafood, chicken (BBQ or plain), and Rib-eye steak as options. There is also a veggie kabob and my personal favorite roasted corn. All of this is grilled to perfection on a long grill above a fire pit.

Lobster is probably what you see most people order but I got the salmon. It was a big portion and really delicious.  I forgot to get the corn picture; it was probably a good thing though since it is dripping with butter and my camera is already dirty enough.



Here is what I was up to this week:



11 comments:

  1. Aw, you're little garden is so cute! I don't have much of a green thumb, nor am I outdoorsy, so gardening is not my forte. The Place looks like a lot of fun; like somewhere Guy Fieri would go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your office gardens are a success! I hope you planted some tomatoes :) And what a fun place to dine...I would have ordered salmon, too...mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I'm going to have to pick your brain about gardening! I'm starting my first ever garden this spring (I guess almost summer....) I'm so excited to have my own fresh veggies!

    your pina colada smoothie looks awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pina Colada Smoothies sound magical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool restaurant! There is an outdoor restaurant in my city with tables surrounded by campfire pits and a s'mores kit on the dessert menu :) It's one of our favorites! PS: Pina colada smoothie?! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you will enjoy your garden. Ours is exploding and we especially have to watch and make sure we pick the zucchini timely or it will just get to giant!
    Your outdoor dining does sound like a lot of fun. Laid back and casual with great food cannot be beat. Also, you did have a great week in food posts as well. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go back again this weekend! So much fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I wish I could have a garden!! So jealous! The salmon looks and soudns fantastic and I'd totally want to wash it down with that pina colada smoothie...mmmm!!
    -Lacy @ NYCityEats.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound like you had a fabulous weekend filled with great gardening, food and times :D
    Awesome!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying to talk my hubby into putting in raised beds this year or next. We had a huge garden at our last house. Really miss growing my own veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love having my own garden! I think it's so relaxing to go out and work in it, and food doesn't get much fresher than that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...