Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Virginia, The BEST Dessert Ever and WIAW

Virginia has had some good eats let me tell you. I don't know what I was expecting but this wasn't it. I forgot to get a boring photo of my regular oatmeal on the road breakfast so I decided to do a bit of a different take on today's WIAW posting.  Here are some of my more recent dinners.  


Shrimp and Grits....surry sausages, cured hanover tomatoes, fresh basil, cheddar byrd mill grits.  That is the most marvelous Southern dish ever. I love the more roughly ground stone grits. I always try to get a shrimp and grits meal in the South.  You just cannot find a dish like this up North. I licked the plate clean. 


I shouldn't have though as I had already eyed a dessert that I couldn't resist.  Can you read the description for the pizzookie?


Chocolate chip cookie dough cooked medium rare.  Yep, that is exactly what the menu said.  Medium. Rare. Cookie. Dough.  It was pure heaven. 

You can get all of this and much more at:
The Boathouse @ Rocketts Landing
4708 East Old Main Street
Richmond VA 23231
Phone 804-622-BOAT


The next stop was Wagstaff's Steakhouse.  There was some mixed opinions about the cost of this restaurant.  We almost didn't go because the woman at the hotel said it was VERY expensive.  This is all a matter of perspective so we asked her to be a bit more specific. She said it could be $100/person.  Really? For steak?  Here you can specific request the size of your steak. I suppose you could get it big enough to warrant $100 but I was skeptical. We decided to check it out anyway.
 
This was before. You get the cart of ribeye steaks and New York strip steak.  Which would you pick?


You say how many ounces you would like and...


Volia!  Here is dinner. It also came with a pretty massive salad that I neglected to photograph.  It was a decent steak and certainly not $100, not even close.


It was pretty fun to see your meat cut right at the table.  I am not so sure about the strangers hands touching it though. I am a bit of germ freak. This has definitely been more a meat and treats week thus far.  It is about a million degrees down here though I am justify the indulgences.



7 comments:

  1. All of the food looks tasty, but the medium rare cookie dough thing I would have been all over-yum!
    I do go to pot lucks and sometimes serve but it is with plastic gloves. I know I would have felt much better about the steak had the guy worn gloves. Thanks for sharing your dining experiences in Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate you for having posted a picture of what exactly that dessert was....it just had to be cookie dough and not just any cookie dough....warm and gooey cookie dough! UGGGHHH MY ACHILLES HEEL!! Looks like you had a great Virginia trip. Following your blog now, looking forward to sharing with you!

    ~Eric @ Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medium rare cookie dough?? Hahah ok that is AMAZING. I am in love with that restaurant already. Very jealous of that yummy food! Looks like you've had a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Medium rare cookie dough? What? what? haha that's something different for sure. Looks glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect dessert menu offers you a choice of how you would like your cookies done - you found it :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yum! You ate well in VA :) And I'd forgotten about the Pizzookie...I am tempted to make these for my family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to take a moment for medium rare cookie dough to sink in. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...