Monday, May 19, 2014

Butterfinger Brownies


My Reese Peanut Butter Cup brownies went over well last week.  You guys loved them and well Mr. J ate them us so quickly our weekly dessert lasted about two days. 


It got me thinking about other candy/brownie combinations I could use to make a decadent dessert.  Butterfingers popped into my mind. I don't tend to eat candy bars and to tell you the truth Butterfinger would not be my first pick.  Funny though that when it comes to ice cream toppings Butterfingers are my favorite.  A Butterfinger Blizzard. Check.  Butterfingers on frozen yogurt. Yes, please.


When I think of Butterfingers I think of Bart Simpson. My brother was a huge fan of The Simpsons growing up. It was a nightly tradition.  The Halloween episode brought the whole family together. Do you remember the commercials with Bart Simpson?

"Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger."

Remember?


Yep, that is all I can think about. I think the same goes for these brownies. I made them Saturday afternoon and then had to leave last night for a work trip.  I am coming home later tonight. I am pretty sure that brownies might be gone when I come home.


Butterfinger Brownies

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: bake brownies
Ingredients (serves 9)
  • 1 box store bought brownies or your favorite brownie recipe
  • 1 cup Butterfinger bites, chopped and divided
Instructions
Preheat over to 325 degrees. Grease a 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
Make brownies according to box instructions. Fold in 1/2 cup of roughly chopped Butterfingers.

Put mixture in prepared pan.Sprinkle remaining Butterfinger pieces on top of batter.

Bake for 40-45 minutes until edges are set and the middle is not longer jiggly. Cool completely before slicing.
Powered by Recipage

10 comments:

  1. These brownies look like the best way to start the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These brownies are really amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please! I need a big batch of these to start off this long week!
    I can only imagine how delicious these are. Love that little crunch that butterfinger pieces add.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a little crunch. It is amazing!!!

      Delete
  4. Two ingredients? I love these already! My Butterfinger-lovin' hubby would go nuts for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Butterfingers are craaaazy amazing in baked goods! SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I adore butterfingers added to baked goods! I've made cookies, but now have to try brownies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whaaat?? I have never seen butterfinger bites before! It seems like Canada doesn't have any cool goodies on our shelves. This looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a bag of butterfingers that I wanted to make brownies with too... glad to see it looks so delicious. Gotta make some soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...