Monday, May 12, 2014

What I am reading lately...


I feel like I am really behind on my reading updates. Lots of work travel and flights means plenty of time for reading. I go from book to book and then forget to let you know about them.  I need to catch up before I forget the books I read.  

First up is Longbourn. This novel by Jo Baker is a deep look into the servants behind Jane Austin's classic Pride and Prejudice. The story follows Sarah, the house maid, for the Bennets.  The tale intertwines the storyline of Pride and Prejudice but also creates an individual story of Sarah, a mystery new footman, and life for help in England during the Napoleonic Wars.

I love Pride and Prejudice. I enjoyed this unique perspective from the other side of the house.  It was a new story in and of itself but it also quickly reminded me of my favorite parts of Pride and Prejudice. I immediately reread Pride and Prejudice after completing Longbourn.  

Would you ever read a book that gives a different perspective of your favorite novel?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to check this one out! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books that are spin-offs of some of my favorites. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...