Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Home ALL Week Long and WIAW

It is one of those it feels like a Friday but only a Wednesday kind of days. I tend to get that feeling when I am in the office all week long. Don't get me wrong. I love being home in the mornings and evenings. But man, sometimes a whole day in the office seems to last for ever.  A week is eternity.


Breakfasts have been pretty good. We got an amazing French baguette this weekend. The leftovers made for a perfect Nutella tartine with banana.


Another day I had my green smoothie breakfast. There is just something about having a heap of spinach in the morning - knowing I have one veggie serving down - that makes me feel amazing. 


For lunch I made a few burrito bowls for the weekend. We had leftover rice from Chinese take out. I separated that out between containers and then added black beans, onion, garlic, and tomatoes.  Everything is topped off with cheese. When it is time to eat I simply put everything in the microwave for about 3 minutes. I top with salsa before eating. Not quite Chipotle but still good. 


The cookies from the weekend are almost gone. I suppose that happens one person has two each day and the other person has three plus each day. Cookies just don't last long with us. 


Dinner was fresh Shad. Shad is a fatty white fish available about two weeks every Spring. This year it was late due to the colder weather.  We make it pretty simple with a cornbread topping and fried in butter and lemon juice. It is so good. We try to eat it as much as possible during the short time it is around.  We are stick of it just yet.

Is there a food you load up on because you cannot get it all year round?

1 comment:

  1. mmmm baguettes!! I also totally agree that today feels like Friday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...