Thursday, May 8, 2014

Chicken Parmesan Meatballs

All the flavors and goodness of Chicken Parmesan in a meatball. 



I love meatballs. In fact it was one of the things I missed the most from home when I was in college and then eventually on my own.  Meatballs were always the thing I wanted my mom to make as a home cooked meal.




These meals are not my mom's meatballs.  In fact they aren't even close. They are made of ground chicken and have all the flavors of chicken Parmesan without being fried. Although I do love me a good chicken Parmesan sandwich.




I am pretty traditional in most things but when I started seeing chicken parmesan meatballs popping up on Pinterest I couldn't help myself.




We made golf ball sized balls but I kind of want to make them again with massive balls. Bigger is better right?  They came together super quick and it was a great weeknight meal. One that seems much more special than a typical dinner. 




These aren't going to replace the fried chicken Parmesan dish or my Mom's meatballs but it is a pretty darn good combination of the two.




Chicken Parmesan Meatballs

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake entree chicken
Ingredients (12 meatballs)
  • 1 Lb ground chicken
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
  • 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • 1/3 cup Ricotta cheese
  • salt to taste
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce
  • 2-4oz of Fontina or Mozzarella cheese, sliced
Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F with rack set on the upper third of the oven. Line a cookie sheet with foil.

In a small bowl combine the egg and ricotta cheese until smooth.

In a large bowl combine all other ingredients. Gently incorporate the egg and ricotta mixture. Take care not to over work the chicken.

Shape into golf bowl sized balls and place on cookie sheet.

In a small bowl mix the tomato sauce with the olive oil. Brush the 1/2 of the mixture on top of each meatball. Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove meatballs from oven and spoon remaining sauce mixture on top of each meatball and cover with a portion of cheese.

Broil another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden.

Serve immediately with pasta of your choice.
Powered by Recipage

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I love these meatballs. They will work on my low carb diet. :) Yippy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now all I want in my life are these meatballs! SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comfort food at it's best. I need these today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...