Sunday, March 6, 2011

Confessions from using a workout DVD

Another weekend come and gone.  It really is so sad.  The good news is that both days were about 50 degrees.  Most of the snow has melted.  Sadly, both days were very cloudy and tonight a huge rain storm is going to come through.  I miss beach weather.

This weekend I somehow convinced Jordan to come to the grocery store with me.  This is a phenomena that happens once in a blue moon.  He hates and after he comes with me I realize I hate it too.  We always come home with unwanted goods when Jordan goes to the store.  This trip was a dutch apple pie...he picked this over my homemade blueberry pie.  I was a bit hurt I must say.  The apple pie though was a huge step up from the Entenmann's sale of buy one get one free.  I almost caved until I looked at the box.  There is no real food in those things and the calorie and fat content were off the charts.  And they cost $6.  I just couldn't do it. 


Free day is suppose to be a Rest or Cross training day.  The last two weeks I have done a work out DVD at the apartment.  I have a handful of DVDs I have collected over the years but these are my top 3.


  1. Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga
  2. Biggest Loser Cardio Blast
  3. Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred

They are a bit different from each other but you can build your own workout from 20 minutes to an hour.  There are weights involved which I rarely do at the gym.  They also have a lot of side to side movement which I don't get a lot of.  Last weekend I had trouble walking for 2 days my butt was so sore.  It was a slap in the face that I need to be a bit more well rounded. 

The one downside is you can cheat and no one will know.  So my confessions of using a workout DVD are as follows:
  • I never ever do the push up parts. I hate push ups and they are HARD.  I do plank instead, similar pose so I don't feel guilty.
  • Up until last week, I only had 1LB weights.  I used can pumpkin at times but the wide cans were hard to grip.  80% of the time I used no weights.
  • I hardly ever make it through the final stretching segment.  They are kind of stupid and the music is the MOST annoying ever.
  • I am very indecisive when it comes to picking which DVD I will do.  Normally I do about 20 minutes of one before switching to another one. 
  • I don't ever let Mr. J see me.  He has to be in the other room and the door is always shut.
  • I grunt and huff and puff while doing these DVDs.  I also sweat like a man.


My workouts this week got a little messed up.  I don't write them down normally.  I have been trying to follow a 10K running training program.  It is for 8 weeks.  I fell off the bandwagon about week 5.  I am still working out every day and switching up my routine which was the whole point of starting the training program so I don't really see a problem.  I just have a hard time being told what to do for my workouts each day.  So here is my weekly workout wrap up (at least what I can remember of it...)

Weekly Workout Wrap up:
Monday: walk 10 minutes, run intervals?? walk 10 minutes
Tuesday: walk 10 minutes, run 40 minutes, walk 10 minutes
Wednesday: bike 30 minutes, elliptical 30 minutes
Thursday:  bike 30 minutes, elliptical 25 minutes
Friday: Cardio Blast DVD work out
Saturday: walk 10 minutes, run 3.5 miles, walk 5 minutes
Sunday: walk 5 minutes, run 5 miles, walk 3 minutes

3 comments:

  1. I like to do my workout DVDs when I need a change with my workouts. I try to fit them in at least once a week but didn't this week! I love Julian Michaels Boost Metabolism/Burn Fat and 30day shred! Yes, you can cheat and know one will ever know...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would seriously never let Mike see me do a workout dvd, way too awkward. Yoga is one thing, but jumping around as another.

    I almost fell for the Entenmann's BoGo too, but managed to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Cute. I like your confessions ... I can relate to most of them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...