Thursday, March 3, 2011

A donut please


Once a month my office has a potluck lunch.  I get really excited about these days.  I mean who doesn't like 30 options to pick from for lunch?  I always think long and hard about what I am going to bring and who will and who won't like it.  I try to be very accommodating for personal preferences.    I also like to sample up all of the other dishes and maybe get a new recipe or two.  This time around I made a new recipe and it was great!  It is definitely going into the "Keeper" file.

Muffins that Taste Like Donuts
from Tasty Kitchen and Good Life Eats

for the muffins:
1 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/3 cup Oil
3/4 cup White Sugar
1 whole Egg
3/4 cup Milk

for the topping:
1/4 cup Butter
1/3 cup White Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon

Directions:
1. Grease one standard size muffin pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


2.Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk. Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine. Fill standard sized muffin tin with the batter, using a 1/4 cup per muffin.




3. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl. Combine the white sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl. Shake muffins out while still hot. Dip muffins in butter, then into the sugar/cinnamon mix. Let cool.


Makes 1 dozen. You might want to double the recipe as I did for the potluck.  I ran out of muffin papers 1/2 through the process.  The ones without the paper looked a lot cuter.  Mr. J also had the idea of bathing the non-paper muffins in butter to have a ball of cinnamon sugared dough instead of just the top.  What a creative man I have?

They are incredibly light and fluffy.  Definitely not too sweet and perfect with a good cup of tea.

3 comments:

  1. muffins + donut = yes please! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your muffins are soooo fluffy. I like that they have all the donut taste without any of the fat from frying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so beautiful. I wonder if I could veganise it :) ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...