Thursday, March 10, 2011

Frying things up: stir-fry dinner


Did I say I was going to post something about breakfast?  I think I just might have, and I will just not yet.  I forgot about the whole hotel Internet being super slow and almost impossible to post pictures.  Thus the breakfast post will have to wait.  Thank goodness this morning I uploaded pictures from our stir-fry dinner.  I think stir-fry is the perfect dinner for when you don't know what to make.  Pick a few veggies, a protein, and then a carbohydrate.  The other night we had broccoli, red onion, and edamanme beans.   I added shrimp and we had Soba noodles.  The perfect combination!


A while back when we first started making stir-fry Mr. J did is typical search the Internet for any possible stir-fry recipes. He came up with this easy mix which we now use all of the time.

Stir-Fry Sauce:
2 Tbsp flour

Tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 C soy sauce
¼ C Chicken Broth
¼ C water
2 Tbsp dry sherry
2 garlic cloves, minced
Tbsp Sriracha

Put in a leak proof container and shake thoroughly till mixed completely.


Here is the run down. 
1.  In a big wok cook protein.
2. About half way through cooking process, add in veggies.
3.  When down, add sauce and simmer for about 3 minutes till thicken.
2. Add noodles or serve with rice.


There you have it. You can use this mixture with chicken as well.  Carrots and peppers make great add in as well.  I will warn you this is a bit hot but you can use more or less Srirachi sauce to suit your own tastes.

Breakfast post soon to come.

4 comments:

  1. that looks seriously delicious! plus, i can eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a tasty dinner. And I love that you use Sriracha sauce for a nice kick, my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot!!! Love it

    btw, bird nest (www.geocities.jp/hongkong_bird_nest/index_e.htm) is made up of about 58% soluable proteins...the highest amoung all food and even synetic protein powders

    it greatly increase tissue regeneration

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...