Saturday, March 19, 2011

I have gone and done it again!

The plan for the day was:
  1. Run
  2. Trip to grocery store
  3. Trip to Whole foods (fish and other speciality items)
  4. Trip to Target (baby shower gifts)
  5. Trip to Banana Republic and DSW
  6. Relax
I wish it was still as warm as it was on Friday!  I cannot wait for spring to officially begin tomorrow.  I had a lot of luck in the food department but not so much on the clothes.  Haha, maybe I should think long and hard about that statement.  I am just not feeling the new spring clothes.  I really need work outfits and I hate buying things for work.  I wish I could just where jeans and sweaters all of the time.   I found a fun pair of shoes for San Fran. 

The other night when I got home from my work trip was in need of a treat.  I was really craving coconut and chocolate.  The easiest thing I could come up with was a cookie.   Boy I am glad I did because they hit the spot!



Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 15 cookies

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C  sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 C whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 C chocolate chips
3/4 C shredded coconut
1/2 C oatmeal

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. Cream butter with both sugars and vanilla till combined.

3. Stir in egg and mix together.

4. Combine flour, salt and soda together is separate bowl.  Add to butter and egg mixture and blend together.

5.  Add oatmeal, coconut, and chocolate chips.  Stir together.


6.  Make 2 Tbsp size balls on a lined cookie sheet.

7. Bake for 12 minutes.




1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...I am loving the coconut in these cookies. Looks like it would hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...