Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pineapple Poppyseed muffins

Sometimes it is just good to use a mix.  This weekend I was not in the mood to bake.  I think I am finally hitting my sugar high. 


I have had this mix since the wedding. I have an Aunt in Wisconsin who reads this blog.  She thought the best gift for our wedding would be a sampling of Wisconsin based food products to try.  What an awesome idea!  No cheese head here, we got muffin mixes, mustard, popcorn seasoning, and chip dip.  This weekend I finally got around to whipping up the poppy muffins.


The package said it made 24 muffins.  This is a whole lot of muffins so I had plans of sharing them at work. All I had to do was add eggs, lemon extract, water, and a bit of oil (I substituted applesauce).


I am still out of muffin cups so I just oiled the pan.


I thought they turned out so cute!



I put a bit of glaze on some of them for Mr. J.  He has not reached his sugar high just yet.


Yum!

Question: Do you use muffin cups or just grease the pan?

4 comments:

  1. I've never had a combo of pineapple and poppyseeds, but that sounds delicious!

    I grease the muffin pan. I don't like that the paper cups stick to the muffins and if you forget to take them off, well then, you're going to end up with half of the muffin stuck on that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very cute! I like that you combined pineapple and poppy seeds. I've never tried it but can imagine how tasty they are! I grease the pan with coconut oil every time. Just a little dab does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's the first time I hear about a pineapple poppy seed muffin but sounds tempting.
    i use muffin papers, tried greasing the pan but i find it hard to remove the muffins from the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those muffins are cute. I use muffin cups all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...