Monday, March 21, 2011

Shrimp With Sausage and Tomatoes

This weekend I was determined to try some new recipes.  I am so glad I did because this one came out glorious!  I had to leave out the peas of course.  We did have some broccoli on the side for the greens.  This was our little ode to Mardi Gras.  I was thinking I could have added some okra and it could have been really authentic.


Shrimp With Sausage and Tomatoes
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine

Ingredients:

1 cup long-grain white rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound Chicken sausage, sliced
2 medium onions, sliced
1 28-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
20 peeled and deveined medium shrimp
kosher salt and black pepper

Directions:
1.Cook the rice according to the package directions.

2.Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.



3.Add the sausage and onions and cook, stirring the onions occasionally, for 10 minutes.


4.Add the tomatoes (and their juices), shrimp, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.


5.Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque throughout and the sauce has slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve over the rice.



1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...