I searched the internet for a good recipe and found several with nutella and chocolate chips. Yum huh? After much debate though I decided to go with my tried and true recipe from Cooking Down East. Nothing like dirty pages to tell you where a good recipe falls in a cookbook.
Adapted from Cooking Down East
Makes one medium loaf
1/4 C butter, softened
1 tsp salt
3/4 C sugar
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp soda
2 Tbsp cinnamon
3 bananas, beaten creamy
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and then add salt and sugar.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift flour with soda and cinnamon. Mash bananas with a fork and beat until light.
5. Add to butter mixture alternating between the dry ingredients and bananas.
6. Turn into greased loaf pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour in oven.
For breakfast I topped my with peanut butter and a sliced banana. Love it! After a sampling last night and breakfast this morning the loaf is already half gone.