Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I like me some bananas!

Hump day!  The week is half over.  I always feel like when the weekend is really, really fun, then the work week goes so slowly.   It is even worse when you have big plans coming up.  I cannot wait till Friday.  To help move things along a bit more quickly last night I entertained myself by making some banana bread.


I searched the internet for a good recipe and found several with nutella and chocolate chips.  Yum huh?  After much debate though I decided to go with my tried and true recipe from Cooking Down East.  Nothing like dirty pages to tell you where a good recipe falls in a cookbook.


Banana Bread
Adapted from Cooking Down East
Makes one medium loaf

Ingredients:
1/4 C butter, softened
1 tsp salt
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp soda
2 Tbsp cinnamon
3 bananas, beaten creamy

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cream butter and then add salt and sugar. 


3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. 

4.  Sift flour with soda and cinnamon.  Mash bananas with a fork and beat until light. 

5.  Add to butter mixture alternating between the dry ingredients and bananas.

6.  Turn into greased loaf pan.


7.  Bake for 1 hour in oven.



For breakfast I topped my with peanut butter and a sliced banana.  Love it!  After a sampling last night and breakfast this morning the loaf is already half gone. 

3 comments:

  1. Your breakfast looks delicious! The banana bread sounds great and if the pages are that dirty, you know its good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful, hearty banana bread. I like the high dose of cinnamon...very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, banana bread is always a good idea. This looks like one delicious loaf. I'd like to invite you to stop by and link it up to Sweets for a Saturday #10. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...