Thursday, March 24, 2011

Steaks with a side of beef

I think I have finally gotten Mr. J on a one a week beef diet.  We have consistently been having more vegetarian meals each week and lots more chicken and fish.  I hope he is not reading this as he may catch on and demand more protein in his diet.


I will never be a vegetarian but I think the politics and farming practices of industry beef are getting WAY out of hand.  I don’t want any part of supporting it.  I know organic, free range, and grass fed products exist but to be honest they are EXPENSIVE.  And Mr. J has not learned the concept of a 3-4oz serving size.  Thus to feed him organic, free range, and grass fed beef would break us financially, out goes the whole grocery budget for the week. 



For those reasons we are going with other options but last weekend, after my big race, I had a craving.  And boy did we have us some beef. 

Those were some massive steaks.  I am happy to say that we only ate ½ and had a lovely lunch waiting for us another day.  For those out there who say I am depriving Mr. J, you know who you are; he also travels for work quite often having meals out where you know he is ordering the biggest steak available!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this steak looks so delicious. I think I am going to have one for dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am having red meat envy. There is nothing like a big juicy steak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post via The Culinary Lens "Thinker" get-together. :) Looks like we were thinking the same thing re: STEAK! Good food, good times!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...